Monday 8 July 2013

Thailand!

Hello again...

Some of you might have noticed that I have been away from my blog for a little while (two weeks to be precise). Well the reason for being away was because I was on holiday in Thailand, kind of a celebratory get away from all the stress of exams and job hunting. I have to say Thailand is a beautiful place, we stayed on a little island called Phuket, which is surrounded by even smaller islands where James Bond and the movie the Beach starring Leonardo Di Caprio were filmed. The only thing I did think was a shame was that the island was trying to cater to tourists too much, it should be the other way round, the tourists should be adapting to the island. I really wanted the true 'Thai' experience, with lots of Thai food as I love all the Thai restaurants in London but unfortunately that didn't happen, as most of the restaurants actually served Italian, Russian or American food!

But besides the slight over emphasis on tourists, Thailand is still a beautiful place, with plenty to see and do. Snorkeling in the lagoons and white water rafting combined with elephant trekking through the forests had to be the highlight of my trip.


















Has anyone else got any big holiday plans?



SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really enjoy reading them all and I try my best to look at everyones blogs and comment back :)

© Fashion Nerdette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig